ASHM was proud to partner with the Sexual Health Society of Queensland (SHSQ) in two joint clinical meetings during AIDS awareness week in November 2016 and will look forward to continuing this partnership in 2017 in further meetings to be scheduled around World AIDS Day 2017.
In these meetings Dr Mekala Srirajalingam (Ipswich Sexual Health), Ms Carla Gorton (Cairns Sexual Health) and Dr Katelin Haynes (ASHM) presented reports from the AIDS 2016 conference (Durban), the 2017 Australasian Sexual Health and HIV conferences (Adelaide). On Monday 28th November 2016, 34 participants attended the meeting in Brisbane, while on Tuesday 29th November, 24 participants attended the meeting in Townsville.
As an organisational sustaining member of ASHM, SHSQ members can apply to become ASHM Affiliate members at no extra cost. Benefits of the Affiliate program include:
- Discounted registration to the annual Australasian HIV/AIDS Conference
- Latest sector information through individually tailored email alerts corresponding to your selected areas of interest
- Free or discounted training courses and seminars contributing to professional development and continuing professional registration requirements
- Networking opportunities
- Professional teaching, training and writing opportunities
- Contribution to the development of guidelines, standards and policies
For more information about the SHSQ who have been committed to providing high quality educational opportunities for its members since its establishment in 1988, visit their website
For more information about activities happening in Queensland, including a calendar of upcoming events, visit ASHM in Queensland